Artist Registration (1)

ARTIST PAINT OUT REGISTRATIONS

PAINT OUT REGISTRANTS RECEIVE: 

  • Continental breakfast for 2
  • SWAG bag with free gifts
  • (1) Morro Bay Plein Air Festival Brochure
  • 1 ticket to VIP Party
  • (1) canvas stamped
  • (1) framed, wet painting entered into Silent Auction
  • Your listing in the Morro Bay Plein Air Festival Brochure (information must be turned in no later than March 1, 2020)
  • Free admittance to Plein Air demo, April 13, 3-5pm. 

Artists may register for the Paint Out right up to the last minute, 10am on April 16th, 2020 however, artists who register after March 1, 2020 will not have their information listed in the brochure.

Artists MAY NOT share canvases.

ADDITIONAL REGISTRATIONS INCLUDE:

With additional $10. fee, (2) additional canvases will be stamped. (maximum of 2 canvases entered into silent auction. One painting may be exhibited at Art Center after end of evening).

Reduced Rate tickets are available for (1) guest of registered artists $15.

2-Day workshop with Guido Frick, Plein Air Still Life and Landscape.  $385. MBAA Members or $405. Non Members

Additional Information: (805)772-2504 or ArtCenterMorroBay.org

Pre-register for all events at www.artcentermorrobay.org

Participating Artists – Paint Out

Here’s what the Paint Out Artists need to know:

Registration for Paint Out is $40.00 for non-members and $35.00 for MBAA members.

This is a non-juried Paint Out. The Paint Out will take place on April 16, 2020 from 8am-2pm. You may register up to 10am on April 16th at Art Center Morro Bay.

All pre-registered participant MUST check-in between 8-10am at Art Center Morro Bay to have their canvases stamped.

Registrations includes continental breakfast for you and one guest at Art Center Morro Bay, located at 835 Main St. Morro Bay, CA (805) 772-2504 between 8-10am, April 16, 2020.

Artists may start painting any time after having signed in and had canvases stamped. Paint Out stops promptly at 2pm.

Canvas/paper must be stamped at time of registration to participate. Artists may use any medium but must paint in the plein air tradition. Canvases must be blank and design work cannot begin prior to 8am on April 16th, 2020. Your finished artwork must be delivered to Inn at Morro Bay between 3:00-3:30pm. There is little turn around time, so please be prepared by framing and wiring your art before you drop it off. Please have a title and reserve price in mind for the art tags.

Set up your canvas at a designated site of your choice: Art Center Morro Bay, Inn at Morro Bay, Dorn’s, Tidelands Park, Coleman Park, or State Park Marina & Boardwalk (see Map) and delight the crowd that gathers! You may paint additional canvases for $10.00 per canvas up to 3 canvases. All canvases must be stamped. You may submit 2 canvases for the auction.

Turn in your finished FRAMED & WIRED painting no later than 3:30pm to Inn at Morro Bay located at 60 State Park Rd, Morro Bay, CA (805) 772-5651

Ribbons and prizes will be awarded after the VIP Party. Your registration includes one (1) ticket to the VIP Party, one (1) additional companion ticket is available at a discounted price of $15.00. All other VIP Party tickets are $25.00 each.

Paintings will be offered for sale at the Silent Auction. You may place a reserve on your painting. Morro Bay Art Association will add 7.75% California sales tax and process all sales of artwork. MBAA will retain a 25% commission of sold paintings and artists will be paid the remaining 75% by the following week.

Unsold paintings may be taken at the end of the evening, or up to one paint out and one Quick Draw painting may be exhibited at Art Center Morro Bay for sale until May 11 2020. All artwork MUST be picked up on May 12th between 10am and 2pm at Art Center Morro Bay, 835 Main St. Morro Bay, CA 93442

Art Center Morro Bay will not ship artwork. Please pre-arrange shipping if needed.

Paint at a designated site of your choice.

Participating Artists – Quick Draw

Here’s what the Quick Draw Artists need to know:

Registration for the Quick Draw is $25.00 for non-members and $20.00 for MBAA members. Quick Draw event is in addition to Event Registration. You must be registered for the Paint Out to register for the Quick Draw Competition. Registration Deadline for Quick Draw is April 9th, 2020.

This competition is not juried for entry.

The 2-hour Quick Draw starts at 5pm and ends promptly at 7pm. The competition will be held at Inn at Morro Bay in the lounge and/or patio for overflow. Inn at Morro Bay is located at 60 State Park Rd, Morro Bay, CA (805) 772-5651.

Areas will be marked out for you to set-up in the lounge. Your canvas must be stamped between 8-10am on April 16, 2020 at Art Center Morro Bay when you sign in and enjoy your continental breakfast. Artists will paint plein air style and may work from a picture or snapshot of your choice or Morro Bay scenery nearby. Canvas MUST be blank at start. No pre sketching is allowed. ACMB will not provide reference material. Have fun and thrill the crowds as they gather!

Place your finished painting inside a wired frame promptly at 7pm, in preparation for ribbons and prizes. There is little turn around time so please be prepared with a title of your Quick Draw artwork.

Quick Draw paintings will be offered for sale during the live Auction. There are NO RESERVES on paintings for Quick Draw. Morro Bay Art Association will add 7.75% California sales tax and process all sales of artwork. MBAA will retain a 25% commission of sold paintings and artists will be paid the remaining 75% by the following week.

Lounge – INN at MORRO BAY